Invisalign is one of the most in-demand alternatives to the traditional braces nowadays. It offers a virtually invisible way of straightening the teeth instead of using unsightly metal brackets and wires. Patients now even have the ability to remove the orthodontic device when needed like during special occasions and events.
There is no question why many people prefer it over metal braces; however, there are still some who are quite unsure if the treatment best suits their needs. They may also be hesitant for they do not know the things they are supposed to do or not to do. To help them become more familiar and achieve better success with the procedure, we at Liberty Lake Smile Source listed the things they should remember!
- Don’t: Eat or drink with the aligners on.
- To prevent the tray from being damaged, remove and place it on the case provided. This way it would not be misplaced or even mistaken as trash when wrapped on a tissue in a restaurant.
- Don’t: Take the teeth and other oral structures for granted.
- During the orthodontic treatment, patients should still focus on the maintenance of their overall oral health. A favorable procedure does not only rely on the compliance of a patient, developing complications during the treatment may jeopardize the overall results.
- Do: Wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day as much as possible.
- Invisalign may have given patients the freedom to remove the aligners if needed. However, they should still commit to wearing the device for at least 20 to 22 hours. The effectivity of the procedure relies on the commitment of the wearers so this should be strictly followed.
- Do: Replace the aligners as recommended by the dentist.
- Typically, patients are instructed to switch out the trays every two weeks, but it may also vary depending on the patients’ teeth condition.
- Do: Take care of the aligners just like the natural teeth.
- Invisalign does not require any special solutions or creams for cleaning. Using a soft-bristled toothbrush, gentle soap, and lukewarm water are sufficient in keeping it sanitized. Make sure to avoid using toothpaste due to its abrasive property and hot water that can warp the tray.
Now if you are ready, let’s make your dream become a reality at Liberty Lake Smile Source with Invisalign!
Bring out your best smile with Invisalign in Liberty Lake, WA , book your appointments with Liberty Lake Smile Source! Call us to experience an outstanding treatment in making your teeth straighter, beautiful and healthy!